Based in Cornwall, England
5 April, 2016
Unseen Diplomacy is a room-scale VR experience created for the HTC Vive and available on Steam VR. Unseen Diplomacy casts the player as an elite member of The British Espionage Tactical Initiative, defeating the plans of evildoers around the world. With a real-life obstacle course created by the Vive’s incredible virtual reality environment, the player sneaks and crawls their way through volcano lairs and moon bases. The game uses environmental re-direction which means that the core control of the game is directed by the player's own movements. The experience is focused through clever use of room layouts - by warping and manipulating space without the player being aware of it, Unseen Diplomacy allows exploration and navigation through a much bigger environment - no teleporting or portals required! Virtual reality is a unique experience and Unseen Diplomacy is an intense and immersive game designed to offer the player a glimpse into espionage life through their own eyes and movements.
The first seeds of Unseen Diplomacy’s development were planted during a two-day Vive Jam in July 2015. Katie and John were excited to try out the HTC Vive and immediately began thinking of ideas to make use of tracked room space. The result was the short game The Hatton Garden Heist. Some time later The National Videogame Arcade commissioned Triangular Pixels to make an installation game for a large space to show at GameCity festival 2015, and work on Unseen Diplomacy began. Based on the shorter game jam game, it used the Vive’s capabilities to make a stealthy espionage VR game. Unseen Diplomacy was a hit at GameCity, and after Valve showed it at GDC it was released on 5th April 2016 - a launch title for the HTC Vive.
Unseen Diplomacy Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "BAFTA games 2017" Innovation - Finalist
- "AMG Awards 2016" Best Design/Story - Finalist
- "Develop: Brighton 2016" Indie Showcase Finalist
- "EGX Sega Leftfield 2016" Official Selection
- "Tiga Awards 2016" Debut Game - Finalist
- "Tiga Awards 2016" Game of the Year - Finalist
- "Unity Awards 2016" Best VR Game - Finalist
- "Unity Awards 2016" Golden Cube - Finalist
- "Ever fantasize about storming the underground lair of an evil genius who’s hell bent on taking over the world? Unseen Diplomacy assumes you have and gives you the opportunity to act that fantasy out in virtual reality."
- Paul James, RoadtoVR
- "I love the Vive, but my biggest problem was that it didn't feel like there was actually much in the way of games for it. Nothing that really highlighted the platform. That is, until Unseen Diplomacy crawled through a vent and started scurrying around behind some crates in the corner."
- Jake Tucker, Pocket Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Triangular Pixels does allow the contents of this game to be published through video broadcasting services only with direct written permission from Unseen Diplomacy. Check at the bottom of this page for contact information.
About Triangular Pixels
We are independent games developers, experienced in the big leagues. We have a passion for fun, light-hearted and social gaming.
More information on Triangular Pixels, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Unseen Diplomacy Credits
Designer, Producer, Artist